Happy fall y’all! Or almost fall...but college football kicked off this last week and to many of us in Texas, that means fall is here! We love game days and tailgates in our family so I wanted to share some essentials for hosting your own party or tailgate. If you've been following for a while, you know that I am all about keeping it simple when it comes to hosting.
Below you’ll find some of our party hosting must haves, along with my favorite fall sangria recipe and an easy appetizer to go with your spread! Almost all the items on the design board are from Amazon, so when your husband decides that you’re hosting everyone for the big game last minute (surely mine isn’t the only one who surprises me like that), you can Prime most of these essentials and have them in no time. The table cloth comes in multiple colors, so you can choose one for your team and the drink ware is customizable!
I hope these game day party accessories make your hosting fun and easy! Cheers to football season, fall and all the fun times to be had.
As always, thanks for stopping by and always feel free to ask me a question!
Some affiliate links were used on this blog post, which means that we make a small commission from your purchase (at no cost to you). Thanks for supporting Southern Farmhouse Designs in this way!
Recipe courtesy of Damn Delicious
- 1 (750 mL) bottle white wine
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 honeycrisp apple, sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 (750 mL) bottle sparkling white wine
- 8 sprigs rosemary
- In a large pitcher, whisk together white wine, apple cider, apples, pear and cranberries.
- Let chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Serve over ice with sparkling white wine, garnished with rosemary, if desired.
Puff Pastry Jalapeño Poppers
Recipe courtesy of Rachel Schultz
Makes 24 poppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup colby jack cheese
- 2/3 cup bacon pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 jalapeños, halved and seeds removed
- 1 box puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together cream cheese, colby jack cheese, bacon pieces, and garlic powder. Stuff filling into jalapeño halves.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the puff pastry out into a larger rectangle. Slice into 12 pieces. Wrap puff pastry around stuffed jalapeños.
- Whisk together egg with water. Brush egg wash on top of poppers.
- Bake for 20 minutes.